Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 Changes
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 eliminated some beneficial deductions and credits. It was the largest tax overhaul in 30 years, the law could be a mixed bag for many.
Some filers will see a significant tax break, while others may see their refunds shrink.
Here are 12 tax deductions that disappeared this year:
- The standard $6,350 deduction.
- Personal exemptions.
- Unlimited state and local tax deductions.
- A $1 million mortgage interest deduction.
- An unrestricted deduction for home equity loan interest.
- Deductions for unreimbursed employee expenses.
- Miscellaneous itemized deductions.
- A deduction for moving expenses.
- Unrestricted casualty loss deduction.
- Alimony deduction.
- Deductions for certain school donations.
- Deductions from tax extenders.